Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Candid Conversation on Extending the Season

Monday, May 20, 2013
As it always does, closing day generates a lot of discussion.  We will be open until at least June 2, our scheduled closing day.  It is still difficult to pin point whether we will extend the season or not.  I can tell you we would "like" to extend the season.  To do so, the snow needs to hold up and people need to continue skiing.  We need to generate a bit of business to stay open.  Typically, when the snow is good, people go skiing.  The numbers part works itself out.  Figuring out the future of snow can be difficult.  We had a week of very warm weather then we just had three days of cool weather. HMMM.  It really is hard to project snow conditions weeks from now.

So, here are some thoughts for you.  We will be open 7 days a week through June 2.  If we do extend beyond June 2, the decision will be made close to June 2.  If we do extend, it will be for long weekends, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  I am hoping we can extend for 1 or 2 weekends.  Staying open until July 4th seems very, very unlikely.

I really enjoy people being excited about the possible late season.  The intrigue and anticipation is really fun.  I do, however, want to give everyone as clear an impression about what is going on as I can.  As soon I know whether or not we are going to extend, I promise I will let you know.