Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Valentines Day

Thursday, February 14, 2013

You know when you wake up in the middle of the night and can’t sleep because your heart is beating to sight of heart-shaped balloons, pink lipstick and retro hair styles? I do! This is where this sweet & simple styled shoot began. As a wedding designer, love is my life! {pinch me, I am so lucky} I could not help but want to style a shoot that was just simple, sweet, light-hearted..what love is!

I started sketching a simplistic, yet adorable, idea of mint and blush focused around Cupid’s big day. The planning began, vendors were contacted, I bought a white statue of a poodle (doesn't every shoot need a white statue of a poodle? We named him Fluffy)...and in a couple days it was scheduled to be brought to life.  I dyed a vintage petticoat and modern dress baby pink and combined them together for a feminine-meets-retro look.  Dudley's Desserts made sparkling, vegan cupcakes and donuts that were displayed on a pink cake stand and made us all drool. Somehow 10 heart heart-shaped balloons fit in the back of my car and were placed behind Rusty Love's mint green bench. The awesome retro-inspired hair & makeup from Behind the Veil painted the final touch on the day. Our beautiful and playful model, Lori,was unbelievably perfect for the vision as Dani Leigh Photography shot the fun!  

We had a ball! See it featured on the fabulous Capitol Romance here!
 

Team of Lovelies:
Photography:   Dani Leigh Photography
Design,Styling, Props: Elle Ellinghaus Designs  <-yippee
Hair & Makeup: Behind the Veil  
Location, bench & pillows: Rusty Love Vintage Rentals
Model: Lori Finestine