Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Birds of a feather...

Friday, February 1, 2013

I may be girly, love ruffles, and live for the pretty ... but I am a  football fan;  and even more, a Baltimore Ravens fan! If you are from Baltimore, chances are you saw that incredible game the Ravens played against the Patriots leading them to the Superbowl. Charm City is nothing short of super-duper pumped for Sunday's big game.  How could we not be? 

The morning after the game I was contacted by Angela of Rusty Love Vintage Rentals & Home Décor, who asked if I was interested in doing a purple, "Baltimore Ravens," display in her showroom window. Absolutely! Count-me-in!

Angela’s store & style is chic, feminine, vintage-elegance and nothing short of fab-u-lous…so, I was trying to stay clear of the typical, cheesy, “football” theme with flags and grass fields. I told her I was going for more of a feminine-esque, black and purple Ravens window display. Ideas fluttered in my head all day (pun intended)... a cluster of birdcages hanging from the top, nests, lavender feathers, her purple chairs, her black top hat with a purple feather sticking in it., a subtle effect of birds in the backdrop, and most importantly, I wanted a dress-form wearing a magnificent, poofy, purple dress in that window to steal the show. She went shopping, I went shopping, then we went shopping together and in 2 days, it came to life. She was even able to find the perfect dress for the show-stealer, but it was white. Problem? Not for her!...  Angela spent the night hand-dying it purple.  It looked fabulous!

I arrived Wednesday at 10:30am and left around 5pm…even stopping by the next day for an hour or two for some perfecting and last minute touches like a bottle of Ravenswood on the table.  Angela and I painted birdcages outside in 18 degree weather, proving our devotion to prettiness by the pink glow of our cheeks.  I spent the day climbing on ladders, tying and re-tying birdcages to the ceiling, tilting my head to the side for what I always think is a better view, spitting away feathers that stuck to my face as they fell, and having a ball with Angela in her window as it came to life.   We ended both days the same, outside the store together, looking in the window with big smiles on our faces. Who said team spirit didn't mean feminine and fancy-schmancy? Go Baltimore Ravens!

Thank you to Angela at Rusty Love for having me! 
.
.
.
.
.
.
Furniture & Props: Rusty Love Vintage
Design, Styling & Photos: elleDesigns