Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

The Age Poll

Friday, August 10, 2012
Sometimes shortly after I post a new poll, a more popular blog or blogs link to my site and messes with the statistics. So these polls are less scientific than ever. However, I think we can still learn something about ourselves from them, so here we go.

READER AGE

Replies: 272

Female under 21: 26

Female 21-25: 83 (30%)

Female 26-30: 77 (28%)

Female 31-35: 28

Female 36-40: 15

Female 41-49: 10

Female 50+: 2

A Kindly Priest: 2

An Eavesdropper: 29 (10%)

There were only 2 eavesdroppers and no priests until the link incidents. I believe there are only two priests who regularly cast a paternal eye over this blog, one in Ireland and one down the road from B.A. and me.

But even before the link incidents, I noticed that apparently more twenty-somethings than thirty-somethings read this blog, which surprised me. I originally meant my blog to be for women of about 35 who were panicked or unhappy about what might be their permanent Single status. However, that was back in 2006 before I was discovered by Notre Dame, Christendom, St Andrews, et alia.

It shouldn't surprise me because you are much more likely to be Single in your twenties than your thirties, not to mention messing around on the computer, procrastinating from your term paper.

ACCEPTABLE AGE GAP (i.e. How Old is Too Old?)


Replies: 272

I would date only men younger than me. 1

I would date only men my age or younger. 3

I would date men up to five years older than me. 72

I would date men up to ten years older than me. 135

I would date men up to fifteen years older than me. 38

I would date men up to twenty years older than me. 20

I would date men up to thirty years older than me. 2

I would date men over thirty years older than me. 1

Whew! Well, I think it is safe to say that men of 40 are quite justified in trying to date women of 31, as it would seem many women are open to dating men up to 10 years older than themselves. There is a sharp drop-off after that, however, so if they are 10 years or more older than the women who intrigue them, they might approach with caution and not too much investment.

A five year age gap does not look like a problem at all.