Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Men Weeping

Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Second post of day. I watched the end of the Wimbledon final on Sunday afternoon, and I was disgusted by the not-so-subtle ways in which Scottish/British Andy Murray was encouraged to cry for the camera. Poor boy; it didn't take much. But it was ghoulish all the same.

Here's Brendan O'Neill's take, and I agree with every word, except the "dour" the sub-ed no doubt put in the headline.

(Every time an English newspaper prints the word "dour", it tempts a Scot to make the magic X on the ballot that will destroy the UK. Scots read the sports pages and watch a lot of telly, so if I were English I would really watch it with the the knee-jerk anti-Scots remarks and slurs. They won't seem so harmless and funny when the Union is ripped in half.)

I'd counsel women not to let their hearts melt just because a grown man cries. Some men will cry to manipulate women, just as some women will cry to manipulate men. So don't think tears are automatic proof of a softer, domesticated side. Uh uh.

Update: Whoever in Glasgow who's desperately searching for "charicuristics of serraphic jews", you're looking for characteristics of Sephardic Jews. Why, I have no idea. I hope it's for good.