Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

My favorite diy ever!

Monday, April 23, 2012
An up-cycle experience...
     
      This has to be one of my fav diy projects I have ever done. Turning an old dresser from my old apartment, into a gorgeous, mirrored dresser. The gorgeous mirror-front dressers, tables, etc. that we all oogle at cost anywhere from $500-$10,000 and my heart reaches out to them. I love them.  I want 500 of them so when guests enter my house they feel like they are in one of those fun houses on the boardwalk.

   So, when I was looking at them in a store one day, it hit me. "I bet I could make this!"- elle said out loud!  What an amazing idea this would be...and I had just the piece of furniture at home experiment on. It was a dresser from Ikea from my 1st apartment. It has been moved from that apartment, to a storage unit, to our current house so it is beat up anyway,  perfect excuse. I covered the front in fabric to match the room, but it was time to transform this bad boy. If it didn't work, hey I could always scuff up the paint and make it look like a white washed masterpiece.

    My husband, who now closes his eyes, laughs, and says " Ok...I trust you" whenever I re-paint or do any diy project to the house (which is often), was working late that night. So, I emptied out the dresser and gathered my supplies that I bought that week for the project. 

Supplies:
·                     White Paint. I use Benjamin Moore Paint for everything in our house! Great quality & most 
                importantly it is Eco-friendly.
·                     Mirrors cut to size. I asked the dudes in the red vests at Lowes to cut me 3 mirrors: 3ft long/ 11 
                inches wide. Happy to help! Be sure to measure exact before going and not guess!
·                     Glue. I use Liquid Nails for a couple reasons. One, its eco friendly. And two, I could glue myself 
                to the wall and not fall!  Strong stuff!
·                     Ah-dorable drawer hardware!
·                     Drop cloth
·                     Paint brush



Steps:
·                     Clean dresser with wash cloth and made sure it was dry.
·                     Removed hardware
·                     Painted a few coats of white paint. Let dry in between.
·                     Laid on back and glued on mirrors.
·                     Glued on adorable clear crystal knobs.


*Waited about 8 hours to stand back up.



Now, let's go make 499 more!!