Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wine a bit...Wednesday

Wednesday, October 5, 2011
 Happy Wine a bit Wednesday! We need to talk....

Now, I know my "Wine a bit Wednesday's" seem to get a bit off-topic at times. For instance, the large amount of sangria recipes, the watermelon drink in the summer that only called for a "dash" of wine. I know I have all the wine-o's that read this shaking their heads;they have have not been ashamed of letting me know either {wink, love ya guys}. Let me get one thing straight. I LOVE wine. I LOVE sweet wine; I LOVE dry wine; I LOVE red, white and rose! Bubbles? Bring it on! Port? Pour me a glass! I could go on about a Chablis that made my tongue twist but I know that would make everyone else, okay excluding some, Yawn. I am really going to try to have most of these posts be about an actual fan-freaking-tastic bottle that I have discovered, and not about a drink that has a only drop of wine in it.
So, with that said, I am apologizing because...
THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM!
Wooo Hooo...
CANDY CORN MARTINI TIME!

Photo from the lovely girls at Fabulously Bombed.

 This is not a process that takes 2 minutes, in fact it takes about a week because you need to make the vodka yourself. It comes in parts but I promise you one sip of this candy-corn-in-a-cup concoction, you will be thinking, "WOOOORTH IT"!

Here is what you will need for the entire process:
  • Vanilla Vodka  (I used Svedka because its my fav)
  • Candy Corn (get a big ol' bag so you can munch while you attend bar)
  • Mason Jar (or a jar that closes TIGHT)
  • Almond Milk (I, of course, am a proud vegan and do use regular milk. I used Almond Milk and that little hint of almond really did the trick!! Plus, LESS CALORIES, NO SUGAR, YES PLEASE! it was delicious!! but, use milk or cream if you prefer.)
  • Bottle of Moscato(cheap bottle. don't spend too much, just a very sweet wine)

Photo from Fabulously Bombed.
1. First, you need to make the Candy Corn-Infused Vodka. Now there are a bunch of different recipes, but I experimented (I know, it was a horrible experience to endure) and the vanilla vodka was the best (in my oh-so-never-humble opinion).

Candy Corn-Infused Vodka

Step 1. Chop candy corn (like a quarter to a half a cup) into shreds and little pieces. Put in Mason Jar.

Step 2. Pour Vodka into the Candy Corn in the Mason Jar to the top.

Step 3. Let sit for at least 4 days, preferably a week.

Step 4. Filter and it is ready!


2. Congratulations, your vodka is ready. How was your week? Do anything crafty? Great! You are one step closer to having the sweet taste of candy corn heaven!

Candy Corn Martini 

Step 1: Combine in Shaker:
-1½ ounces milk
-1 ounce Candy Corn Infused Vodka
-2 ounces Moscato
-Ice

Step 2. Shake, shake, shake...shake shake shake...shake your booty.

Step 3. Put on a witch hat, paint your nails black, pour into Martini glass, and sip....

Step 4. I said SIP...don't gulp!!! I know it is good, but honestly...fine, go make another. 

Photo from the lovely girls at Fabulously Bombed.