Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wine a bit...Wednesday

Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Magdalena Toso 2002
33 Barrels Selection
by Pascual Toso
95% Malbec, 5% Cabernet
Mendoza, Argentina
            Oh, don't get excited, this is no special Wine a bit Wednesday, NOT! This is THEE Wine a bit Wednesday with only the best bottle of wine I may have ever had! Yeaa...I am not kidding, actually. We have a few bottles of this, laying ever-so-patiently, on our wine shelf. This is one of those bottles that can lay on your shelf for 10-12 years and still be fan-freaking-tastic, but being 2011, it was time. Maggie, I call her Maggie because now we are really good friends, is also one of those bottles that you would have to chose to buy a week of groceries or a single bottle of her. Worth it! Go hungry!
          It is such a pretty bottle and we have had them for a few years and they were almost forgotten about.  Well, it was begging for attention, so I decided to pop one and enjoy it with my too-handsome-for-words husband. The moment the cork left the bottle my eyes grew wide. It was like those "wallflowers" from Bath & Body Works that you plug into the wall and they fill the room with one of the 200 scents you chose. (ps. totally love love love those things, they are all over my house) Well this scent was spice and raspberries and if I could plug it in to my wall, I would. Literally, if I didn't worry about plugging alcohol into an electric socket, I would dump out "spiced pumpkin" and pour Maggie in!
          How special is this bottle? Paul Hobbs, the winemaker, hand-signed each and every bottle with his signature. Goodness, if I created something like this you bet I would be putting my name all over this bad boy, too! Robert Parker himself [a famous wine-o that rates wines, he's from Maryland] may even argue that this is one of the best bottles of Malbec ever created. The little bit of [5%] Cabernet Sauvignon in the bottle adds great structure and a aging ability that could've laid on my shelf for more years to come. It was aged 24 months in French oak which gives your taste buds a vanilla spice dream come true. This bottle left me speechless and if you knew me, you wouldn't think that was possible. 
          I can promise you one thing, when we enjoy the next bottle, I will not be in my exercising clothes and kicks, sweaty from Jillian Michaels. I will light some candles, play a Janis Joplin record, put on the little black dress and have 2 glasses waiting for my husband as gets home from the office. Of course, it is quite possible that he will come home to find 2 glasses poured, both empty, me in my bunny slippers on the couch watching Frasier re-runs, too...
       Grab you bunny slippers and a bottle! You will not be disappointed!