Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Dudley's Desserts

Tuesday, September 11, 2012


Everyone has that friend that we expect something from at every gathering or get-together.  There is one person who is going to be crazy as Ms. Hostess with décor and adorably labeled food & drinks (a.k.a. Elle Ellinghaus). You have the adorable couple that always announces they are expecting another bundle of joy sitting next to the debonair Bachelor with his flavor of the month. Then there is that person who you can always count on to bring those drool-worthy desserts. You know, the desserts that you can smell the moment they walk in the door and make the girls think “Ehh, diet will start again Monday”.  However, the person that brings those desserts to your party is very different from the person who brings those desserts to my parties. The girl at my party owns Dudley’s Desserts.

You can’t help but shake your head as you see everyone sneak one to 15 treats in their mouth before appetizers are even out.  One of those things you can always count on and wait to happen. However, can you really blame anyone when there is a peanut butter, pretzel, white chocolate cookie staring at them in the face?

Dudley’s Desserts was started by owner, Abby Cobb, because of a love of sweets…pure, sweet and simple. I dare you not to lick your lips and have your eyes grow wide with a plate of her treats in front of you. Not only does she bake some devilishly good cookies, truffles and sweet treats, but she can also creates beautiful cakes....fondant, buttercream, gumpaste flowers...whole kit n kaboodle!

Now for me, I am never the one picking at the desserts before dinner time, or after dinner time for that matter, in fact I usually huddle around the veggie platters {big smile}. As most of you know and I have no problem shouting from the roof-tops, I am vegan. Cake, cookies, muffins….no matter how yummy they look, doesn’t matter to me, I won't be eating them. However, when Abby walks in, I can be first in line, hand out…big smile....gimme, gimme!!

Abby and I agree about not telling anyone that something is vegan until after their yummy noises. So, I will be honest, part of me hated to say this here because some people hear “dairy free” or “vegan” and think “oh never mind”.  However, for the ladies and gents out there with dairy allergies, who want sweet & healthier treats, have vegan lifestyles, or any dietary restrictions…it needed to be announced for them! This, actually, is why they are so unbelievably good, in fact! She spent years and years perfecting recipes that would satisfy her taste buds because of her own allergies. She didn't want to sacrifice taste for her own sweet tooth and she especially did not want to have anyone be able to tell her baked goods were different. Success! Success x's about a thousand...

Dudley’s Desserts is a dairy-free bakery that kicks any regular bakeries bottom. So dairy-free or dairy-full lifestyle, Dudley's Desserts is amazing for any occasion, any wedding, any gathering!

You know me, when I find something I love love love, I share...
be sure to ask her who the Dudley in Dudley's Desserts is, too :-)