Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wine a bit...Wednesday

Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Gnarly Head
Authentic Red
LODI, CALIFORNIA



     Well, I was already huge fan Gnarly Head. I was turned onto their Zin a couple years ago and have since written a WABW on it. The gnarled vines, literally Medusa-looking 80 year old vines,  in Lodi, California create amazingly robust berries. So, they recently came out with a blend called “Authentic Red.” They took their already mouthwatering Zin and blended it with the Cabernet and Merlot.  Jah-enius.
     It may be a blend, but it still screams Zin in the glass….Zin with a little something extra.  Blackberry & spice make this wine one of the most unique blends under $15 I have tried in a long time.  The first time I tried it was a couple months ago at a wine festival. It happened to be about 80 degrees out on the late September day so I was straying from the reds, but had to try a new Gnarly Head wine. I remember it being flipping fantastic. The other night I opened a bottle to try again and it was even better than I remember.  It is a big and full wine that will go great with some red pasta sauce! You honestly do not get much better at this price of around $10-$12….totally gnarly, totally elle-approved.