Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

real lovebirds

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I cannot wait to see the pictures from the photographer, but 'til then, mine must do. What a wonderful couple to be able to design and plan a wedding for. Dommie, short for Dominique, and her now hubby, Jeff, had a gorgeous fall wedding on November 5th in her great grandmother's barn. Jeff is an amazing artist and she works as a graphic designer and a (quite impressive) scrapbooker as a side business and wanted the wedding to reflect their crafty, artsy lifestyle. When they first brought me on, they were deciding between a few venues but didn't have that *spark* with any of them. When I suggested a little revamp on the barn on her great grandmother's property they looked at each other and smiled. She handed me a teal, peach vintage purse for inspiration, said "vintage & different"  and  told me go to to town. I came up with designs and ideas, drew up sketches, she loved them and 9 months later here it was...

the details...

I tried to use as much of the barn as possible. Old stones thrown in the back of the bar were cleaned and brought out on to the tables. The bar was one of my favorite things I had done at a wedding. The pictures just don't do it justice. I painted some old frames a teal white-wash to show the menus and placed them on an old wooden ladder that was already in the barn.  We created a menu out of their fav drinks and had too much coming up with names. They love martinis so there had to be a martini section. Every juice in them was fresh squeezed that day.

and the vintage guestbook...

the place settings matched the purse she gave me to design the wedding after. Light golden peach, crochet, teal. No flowers except for dried wheat in vases.
rustic, dainitly, elegantly, vintage...

..and finally some organic, vegan, homemade blueberry jam by the Mother of the Bride.