Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Birthday!

Saturday, January 26, 2013
The Goth Birthday Party
It's my birthday, so I am QUEEN!

And it's a Saturday, too, which means B.A. can take me out to Birthday Lunch without having to take time off work.  Birthday Lunch will be followed by Birthday Drinks and Birthday Trip to the Cinema and then more Birthday Drinks.

Drinkie, drinkie, drinkie!

But I think nostalgically of Toronto, and the most amazing birthday party ever, which was organized by two or three of my best girlfriends when we were all Single. I may have told you about this party before.  In short, it was my Goth Birthday Party, held in my friends' two floor flat in a battered rental house. The hostesses invited a  bunch of my female friends and relations, and we all dressed up like Goths. The hostesses made a Goth Birthday Party buffet, including an astonishing spider cake. Afterwards we all went to a Goth club and danced until I dropped.

The funny thing about this party (now) is that I got the flu in the middle of it and had to take Extreme Measures in order to go on to the club. But despite this I still think that this was the ultimate birthday party of adult life---although I must say going out drinking with my Boston housemates Ted and Jonathan, with Volker and Boston Girl (see My Book) a year previously in Cambridge, MA was also great fun.

Ted is Chinese-American and Boston Girl majored in Chinese, and by 1 AM Ted had his head in his hands as Boston Girl stood outside Grafton Street in Harvard Square and drunkenly warbled hymns to Chairman Mao.

For some reason, this is one of my clearest and best birthday memories ever.