Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

I Heart This "Crisis" Piece

Monday, November 19, 2012
Here it is. Discuss. I'm going to bed, so I'll post your responses in the morning.

All I'll add now is that courtship and marriage have to be learned by example from babyhood on, so my guess is that most young people are not actually ready to marry until they are older than my grandparents' generation (the ones who fought WWII) was when they got married. If you're from an English-speaking country (with the possible but not obvious exception of Ireland) where the biggest source of entertainment was TV, you did not grow up in a pro-marriage society. You grew up in a consumer society.

Oh, and I disagree that alone is necessarily bad. It can be bad, but it is not always bad.

Update (Tuesday): I had some trouble getting into my email account today, which scared the stuffing out of me. I have since erased all my email back to January 2009, and will continue erasing to the end. Therefore, all-not just some of--the original Auntie Seraphic letters are gone. Future historians may weep, but the rest of you may draw a sigh of relief.