Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wine a bit Wednesday

Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Elderberry Cocktail


image from gourmet.com
      For New Years Eve, my Husband and I went to a little, boutique Baltimore spot called Blue Hill Tavern. It was delicious and they had a separate vegan menu, which tickled me pink! (As you fellow vegans know, I often encounter places that say the infamous, "I can do the shrimp scampi, minus the shrimp, and the butter sauce, and cheese, but still charge you the same amount." So noodles is what your telling me?) Anyway :-) Blue Hill Tav has these amazing Elderberry Martinis! I mean ridiculously, delish. I had, well it doesn't matter how many I had, but I had more than 1. It was a happy new year. 

      So, you know me, I started to experiment with things I had at home on how to make such a delicious concoction. I already had St. Germain Elderberry Liqueur ( a should-be staple in everyone's bar!), so I decided to make a few drinks. Michael, the hubster, was working late, weddings were up to speed, emails were caught up,..so to the kitchen island with my ingredients I go! {play Super Woman theme song, here} I tried mixing white wine, it was good. I tried adding some tequila, no good. I tried champagne, very good! I added and subtracted some agave, juice and water, until finally I made a blend I loved! I know you may be thinking, "Well, was it that delicious  or was it the other drinks talking?" Column A…Column B….but I had my husband try it when he got home and he even agreed, DELISH!

Here is the scoop

3 oz champagne  (extra dry or brut) or prosecco*
(I used Domaine St. Michelle Brut)


A tiny little squirt of lemon juice

Fill tumbler with ice, and ingredients. Shake Shake Shake. Stir in fresh mint as a garnish

*Instead of a champagne cocktail, use a moscato for a sweet treat, or white dry wine like a chardonnay, for a dryer cocktail.  I liked the effervescence of the champagne cocktail better, but any of these ways was delicious!

Cheers!