Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wine a bit...Wednesday

Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Skinnygirl
 Sangria


I am a certified Sangria-fanatic club member. No club exists, but if it did, I would be president and there would be peace and sangria for all!  I love, love, love Sangria. I also love, love, love Bethenney Frankel. I never watch her show, but I read her book "Naturally Thin" (Ok, I didn't read it, I heard the audio book...I wish they had those 10lb text books on the war of 1812 and calculus on audio books when i was in school) and Bethenney is a genius.

Anyway. The Skinnygirl Margarita is quite good and selling out everywhere, so I couldn't wait for this Sangria to come out. There is such a demand for the Skinnygirl Sangria that I heard stores are getting allocated certain amounts. But, I finally got to try it. The bottle is a weird color, looks like...well, nevermind, I will tell you it is a dark cloudy yellow (get it?...yep). I opened the bottle and smelled it. I'll be honest, it doesn't smell good. Nope. Smells like the frat house the day after a keg party. (Aww, I'm taken back to those lovely college years when that was a normal smell...) The person I was with decided against trying Skinnygirl Sangria for these reasons, but I had to. It was chilled just right and I was told it was soaked in strawberries and blueberries for about 20 minutes prior (Mmm). I put it to my lips....and the conclusion....{cue corny anticipation drum sequence}... is to never judge a book by its cover! It is delicious! Fruity, semi-sweet, and refreshing. And for low-cal and sugar-free, surprisingly good!

Of course, there is a catch. There is always a catch! If you are looking for just a yummy white Sangria, go for it! Put a straw in that bottle, put a pillow on your lawn chair and call it a day.  If you are wanting this one because it is "good for you", hear me out. You have to really pay attention to the serving sizes!! It is not calorie free, just less.  There are 132 calories in a 5 oz pour (5 oz pour? of sangria? You make me laugh Ms. Frankel!). But if you watch your pour, this low cal and 0g of sugar treat is amazing and by far better for you than regular sangria. Add fresh fruit and let soak, too.

{click}




I am not a nutritionist and this is my opinion. so don't sue me. I just have tried every type of diet, low cal food and work out routine known to man. When there is a good one, I like to share! Cheers!