Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Bridal Boot Camp-tried & true

Friday, August 5, 2011
Bridal Fit Tip
...another addition of Tried & True.

Today isn't about being on a budget or crafty tid-bits, this is an episode of  "Elle's Tried & True".

       This is a tip for smooth legs for that form-fitting silk dress, short reception dress, and/or, of course, the honeymoon{wink}. Have you heard about that myth about rubbing coffee grinds on your legs for a few minutes and it is suppose to smooth out your cellulite from a few days to a week? Being a certified health nut and always willing to be the rat in the experiment(i am against animal testing!). Always on the search for the next diet "cheat" and quick fix for my brides that actually works without taking a harmful pill (...and OK, for myself, too) here we go...
         I read a few different versions that were all pretty much the same. Each one said get used coffee grinds and rub them all over your legs & tush. One said to use Olive Oil as a base and the second said use moisturizing lotion. I did it twice to see what worked better, if either even worked at all.
       The first time I stood in my jacuzzi tub, which was the wrong idea since I was scrubbing coffee off the tub for days. I poured a big glop of lotion, then poured coffee grinds and then started to rub it on my thighs. Now covered in what mixed to become a brown goo, I started to pray my husband wouldn't walk upstairs because I looked so odd. I wrapped each individual leg in saran wrap and waited. I read that you should wait anywhere from 5 to 35 minutes. So I waited, of course, the 35 minutes and rinsed. During the 30 minutes I wrote down my thoughts. I have written: "ooh, tingly" and "this feels weird" and "why is my heart racing?" and "how do pigs enjoy being covered in mud?" and "what if my legs dissolve?"
      First, I would like to say this experience may have been the weirdest thing I have ever done...up to this point, anyway. But the BEST. There were some cons, but let's talk about the pros first.

PROS: Wow. My skin was so tight, so smooth, not a wrinkle, dimple, or loose spot. I will be honest, I always wear skirts, shorts, whatever, with out thinking twice because I would never have considered my legs "cellulite-y". As I got older, there were always some places I started to notice, as we all do. After doing this, holyyyy moly, my legs looked like I was 18 again(any 18yr olds reading this...enjoy it babies!). Which, on a side note, made me sad because then I realized they weren't as tight in the first place as I thought (suck it up, elle!). 

 I wish I would have taken a before picture. Next time I do it, because this is going to become a once a month thing in the summer, I will...I have no shame. That tingling little sensation that caused me to wonder and worry if I was going to grow mutant legs... totally worth it. The second time I used the Olive Oil mixture, but to be honest I think either would work. I saw no difference between the two. Now for some cons.

CONS: I can't say they were "cons," but...you'll see. Of course the first, is yes, messy. Lay out some newspapers across your floor and do it that way! The second con, you look ridiculous. Have a bridesmaid party and everyone do it together! Haha, excellent blackmail pictures!  The last con is more of a tip: I guess I didn't realize or forgot to think about that fact that I was putting tons of caffeine all over my lower body. I was WIRED! My heart was racing, my eyes were wide open and I don't think I slept right for 2 days. I would probably recommend the 15-20 minutes I read about instead of the 30-35 minutes. Please, this tip is not for anyone who may have heart problems because.... WOW. Honestly,...WIRED.

Bottom line, the results= amazing. It only lasted a few days, 5 max, but well worth those cons. This will definitely go on my "look your best, bridal tips" list on the lovebirds planning section for my brides. Highly Recommended! Elle gives 2 big thumbs up...shaky thumbs up...but they are up!