Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Send a Virtual Bouquet to Your Spiritual Mothers

Saturday, May 12, 2012

I'm back. It occurred to me that it is a bit late to start Operation Spiritual Mothers, but it is not too late for us all to remember women who have been motherly to us with actually being our mothers.

Of course our mothers and grandmothers are the most special--most of the time. But there are other women whose help we remember long after they, perhaps, have forgotten us. My first and sixth grade teacher was a Single woman name Marilyn. I don't know if she ever got married. Heck, I don't know if she is still alive. But she was very kind to me, and I have never forgotten her.

So I am sending a virtual bouquet of gerbera daisies to Marilyn in my imagination. And tomorrow at Mass, when I pray for all my readers--especially my Single readers--I will pray for all the spiritual mothers I can remember. And I recommend that all my childless-not-by-choice readers do that, too.

If there is clapping, tell God you're clapping for all those special women who were so good to you, whether or not they had children of their own.

Now feel free to mention the names of women you'd send real bouquets to if you could, and whom you are happy to send imaginary bouquets in my combox. Ladies only, please.