Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wine a bit...Wednesday

Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Freixenet
Elyssia
Spain
       I always plan my WABW. I do. But there is so much going on in the elleDESIGNS world that I couldn't keep up this week. I just couldn’t! I am sorry! This was about to be my first WABW without a wine.  I have not slept due to constant brainstorming; I have at least 22 inspiration boards minimized across the bottom of the computer screen; I have sketches flown around my office and the desk working on a million things. Am I complaining? NO!  How I love it!!! If I could go talk to that 18yr old girl (with horrible dyed blonde hair I might add) who couldn't figure out what her major should be, but knew she loved to decorate, draw and paint and tell her that she would be a designer, for her career…well, I wouldn't. I would let her find out the same old, gut-twirling, nervous, following-your-dream way. More fun! I would tell her to stick to her natural color, though. Oh, and that Leonardo Dicaprio doesn't respond to fan mail.

       Anyway! Despite what you may think, I am not a big drinker. I do enjoy wine, but I never drink during the day. Occasionally, hubby and I will have a bottle of wine with dinner and we will indulge a smidge if we go out on the weekend, but that’s about it.  Today, was a day I needed to celebrate, and calm my nerves. Weeks of brainstorming, sleep-less nights, ended in an amazing way today.  I will be honest: I was alone, in my house, with my pup and cats looking at me, as I looked at the wine rack and wine fridge for what would go in my glass. Cue Friexient Elyssia. That gorgeous pink bottle winked at me as soon as I saw it.  Ooh, la la…Ok, gracious amiga! (get it? its a spanish wine...oh, brother...)

       I didn't drink the whole thing! I AM typing aren't I? Half of the bottle is still downstairs in the fridge. The other half of the bottle, is what put this smile on my face. Friexient Elyssia Pinot Noir Brut is a cava from Spain (Wine Quickie: Champagne=sparkling from Champagne, France. California's is just called Sparkling. Sparkling from Spain=Cava) It is made with the Pinot Noir grape and just a tad of Trepat. The grapes were grown in a town just southwest of Barcelona, Spain with fermentation in the bottle. It is dry at first, but yet thirst-quenching. It is full of raspberries and strawberries as the bubbles fill your mouth, tickle your nose, and give you the hiccups. As the flavors come and go, you end with a sweet strawberry on your palette. Not sugar sweet, fruit sweet. This is delicious!


       If you have something to celebrate, want an nice sparkling for a treat... or...its 1pm and want to toast to yourself...give it a whirl!