Paid To Promote

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tie the Knot Tip: Wedding Website

Wednesday, May 4, 2011
There are many things I learned while getting my Wedding Planner certification. Surprisingly enough this wasn't one of them, but I feel one of the most important. I tell all my brides to get one: a Wedding Website (or blog, but most people aren't familiar with blogging yet). It's free and it really gives guests and family a chance to get to know you, him and both as a couple. The groom's side might not know that the bride is an amazing dancer, and the bride's side might not the groom is an award winning chef.  Guests feel involved, up-to-date in the planning, and they feel like they get to know you better which makes them feel more involved at the wedding. It seems more personal to them.

Our wedding website has been updated since, but for an example the address is  http://www.mywedding.com/mikeanddani/ I updated it with wedding pics and honeymoon photos and plan on updating it on any moves, future babies...etc. There were pics of the parents of the groom and bride, maids and men, etc..so everyone could get to know them.  I have photo galleries of our lives, how we met, and our engagement. There was a section on the wedding so everyone knew what to expect, how to dress, etc. Even music playing that set the tone for our wedding. 

I put the link on the save the dates and the invitations. Alot of people looked at it and used it as a resource and I received so many compliments. I say this all the time, and I will say it again, this is the first party you and your husband will be hosting as man and wife, make it a good one! What better way than to make it feel more personal and everyone feel more involved.

Here are some options:
theknot.com
mywedding.com*what I used and loved
weddingwire.com
weddingwindow.com

Happy Wedding Planning!